POMCAST 16 + SUSAN CROPPER OF LOOP, LONDON

Hello Pomcats!

We hope you are still enjoying your summer, but of course getting those Autumn projects ready for the weather to change! We have a new episode of the pomcast ready for you to enjoy while you knit, travel, run, or even do your washing up! That’s the great thing about podcasts – it’s always a good time for them. So here it is:

Make sure to download the Soundcloud app if you want to listen on a mobile device, or if you subscribe to Pomcast on iTunes it should appear on your device now. And while you’re having a listen, why not rate us or even leave a little review – thanks!

This episode is sponsored by Loop, who are celebrating their 10th anniversary. Susan (Loop’s fantastic owner) is also our interviewee, and is offering a copy of her new book, which celebrates 10 years of Loop. To be in with a chance of winning just tell us which of the new patterns from Loop’s 10 is your favourite by commenting on this post before Sunday 6th September to be in with a chance of winning. Extra points if you tweet, share on Facebook or Instragram! Just let us know that you did in a separate comment.

Loop pomcast banner artwork

Thanks Loop!

Tell + Tell

We are still ticking along with our projects, Sophie with her Kaye’s cardi, Lydia with her Garland. But Greco is complete! And it seems that Lydia and Meghan finished at almost exactly the same time. So neither of us lost! Hurrah! Proof that in the knitting world there are no losers.

Sophie's lovely Kaye's cardigan by Hannah Fettig knit in Quince & co. Owl

Sophie’s lovely Kaye’s cardigan by Hannah Fettig

News

We are still gearing up for GLYC on 5th September, and we will also have a stand at Yarndale, so come and say hello!
And of course with the release of our Autumn 2015 issue we have started a shiny new KAL, join us!

Reviews

We were lucky enough to get a sneak preview of the new book celebrating Loop’s 10th Anniversary, Loop’s 10. It is such a beautiful book, with designs from a whole range of wonderful people who have all been involved with Loop in one way or another over the past 10 years. And as if that wasn’t exciting enough each pattern is knit in a custom colour dyed especially for Loop’s 10th birthday. What a treat. You can check out the designs here, and read more about the book here.

Here are a few of our faves, or at least the ones we would cast on first!

Silene by Pam Allen for Loop London

Silene by Pam Allen for Loop London

Isokon mitts by Ysolda Teague for Loop London

Isokon mitts by Ysolda Teague for Loop London

Meandering Shawl by Stephen West for Loop London

Meandering Shawl by Stephen West for Loop London

Interview

We spoke to Susan Cropper about Loop, her love of yarn, and her new book, Loop’s 10. Listen to hear what she had to say.

Ravelry Realness

For this episode we have gone with the theme of ‘Back to School’ knits. It’s just this time of year… forever associated with the back to school feeling! Here are some fun school related knits;

Sporty Striped Peds || No.2 Pencil Socks || 023 Notes Bookmark || Pencil Case

Top 3

… knitflix! We have scoured Netflix for our favourite things to watch while we knit. And if you have any recommendations for us you can get in touch in all the usual ways. Join in the chatter in our ravelry group, or why not send us an email? We are [email protected]

x Pom Pom

15 Responses to POMCAST 16 + SUSAN CROPPER OF LOOP, LONDON

1. docksjo August 29, 2015 at 6:40 pm #

Netflix tips: warhorse 13

i listening to the podcast as I was cycling and when you said hotdogs the air fill with the smell of sausages of the grill, the where in fact more then one family grilling the the suburban area I was going through, perfect timing.

2. Inês G. August 30, 2015 at 12:20 am #

So excited to listen to the new episode + I love the Isokon mitts from the Loop book :)

3. Michelle du Plessis August 30, 2015 at 2:33 pm #

I really enjoyed your Pomcast! Inspiring, interesting, lovely and funny. I also loved the music intro’s and the interview with Susan was great. It’s hard to choose a favourite pattern but if I have to, I choose the Meandering Shawl by Stephen West. I love the softness of the drape in combination with the Brioche stitch. The word Brioche in itself, the colours, the softness of the angora all has a very cosy and romantic yet beautiful feel about it. I Love it. I’ll be tuning in often for more inspiration!

4. Jules August 30, 2015 at 4:27 pm #

Love the Loop anniversary patterns, too, too many choices but if I had tout would be the Islington shawl.

5. Shanna August 31, 2015 at 2:34 am #

I am most excited for the Sweetie Pie Capelet. Love that design!

6. Alison September 1, 2015 at 9:14 am #

Very excited about the loop 10. I would love to kni Silence Cardigan it just looks beautiful and cosy. I am also a big fan of quince and co and often have some of their yarn on my needles.

7. Liloo looli September 1, 2015 at 10:11 pm #

I’m so exited to listen to your pomcast!
    I really love the Meandering Shawl! So cute!

8. Lisa September 2, 2015 at 5:26 pm #

I’d pick the Silence cardigan but the Wreath Shawl is tempting too…

9. hd September 3, 2015 at 1:11 pm #

Great podcast! I just recently rediscovered Loop London on my work trip last month. Such an amazing space (next to Penhaligon’s and Coffeeworks–knitting, perfume, coffee heaven!). And the staff was truly amazing.

Love, love, love the sprinkle! Though Silence is also pretty tempting!

10. Jessie Norling September 3, 2015 at 11:54 pm #

Congratulations on another great podcast, ladies! I’m so excited to get my mitts on Loop’s 10. Wish I could pop into the shop and experience Loop in person, but being from a far, far away land (Australia), I’ll have to settle for immersing myself in the book. :)

11. Marilyn September 4, 2015 at 12:32 am #

I would love a Silence in every color!

12. beth.filiano September 4, 2015 at 12:12 pm #

It’s so hard to choose just one pattern. I think maybe the Silene cardigan- I love Q&co’s wool, and London Rose colour is lovely.

13. beth.filiano September 4, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

I shared on FB :) Love the pomcast!

14. siuline.lt September 8, 2015 at 4:49 pm #

Such a beautiful patterns:)

15. Claire September 10, 2015 at 6:23 am #

Hockey socks! I remember them well. Thanks for another greatly entertaining podcast.