Hello Pom Pals, and welcome to our 2020 Knitting Outside the Box KAL!
This KAL will run from 1st April 2020 – 30th June 2020, and any project from Bristol Ivy‘s Knitting Outside the Box and its sequel, Knitting Outside the Box: Drape and Fold, can be entered! You are welcome to have multiple entries, but make sure it is a new FO each time. You cannot enter a FO that has been submitted to a KAL before.
The KAL will take place on our Ravelry forum, but we’re using #kobkal on social media for anyone wanting to share their progress.
We love discounts and prizes, nearly as much as we love a KAL! The following dyers have generously offered discounts for those of you participating:
- The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers are offering 15% off all their yarns with the code POMPOM15 until the end of May. Their Pishkun base is used in Tomoko Cowl.
- Julie Asselin are offering 10% off their Leizu base (the base used for Mailou) with the code 10OFF until the end of June.
- Three Fates Yarns are offering 20% off all orders over £25 with the code pomoutsidethebox2020 until the end of June. Mihara is knitted in their Eponymous base.
- Miss Babs are offering 10% off their Kiera base with the code OutsideTheBox (the base used for Audre) until 15th April.
- Magpie Fibers are offering 15% off all their yarn with the code KOB15KAL until 30th June. Their Solstice DK was used in Arbus.
Top left: Tomoko Cowl; top right: Mailou; bottom left: Audre; bottom right: Mihara.
- The Fibre Company are offering a 10% discount on their Acadia base (the base used for Harjo) with the code HarjoKAL until the end of June.
- The Uncommon Thread are offering a 10% discount on all yarn with the code KOBKAL. Their Posh DK base was used to create Yayoi.
- Indigodragonfly are offering 15% off their Chameleon Sock Yarn (the base used for Carr) with the code outsidethebox15 until the end of May.
- Kettle Yarn Co are offering 10% off 4 skeins or more of their Beyul base that was used to make Yuko. Use the code KETTLEYUKO until 14th April.
- Stolen Stitches are offering 10% off their Nua Sport, with the code DRAPE+FOLD until the end of April. This yarn is used for the Vionnet shrug.
Top left: Carr Shawl; top right: Yuko; bottom left: Harjo; bottom right: Yayoi.
Photo: Kettle Yarn, Beyul base.
*Please keep in mind that your discounted orders may be subject to delays because of the current restrictions relating to COVID-19. We recommend checking the shipping updates and details on the respective dyers’ websites to see how the dispatch of your order might be impacted.*
The dyers below have kindly donated prizes for this KAL’s winners:
- La Bien Amiée are offering one skein of any base in any colour way.
- Three Fates Yarns are offering one Aurai merino yak skein and nylon mini skein set.
- Miss Babs are offering 2x$50 vouchers.
- Indigodragonfly are offering 1 $50 voucher.
Be sure to upload a photo of your FO to our FO thread to be in with the chance of winning one of these wonderful prizes! Winners will be chosen at random and announced ASAP after 30th June 2020.
Photo: La Bien Aimée.
Photo: Julie Asselin.
Knitting Outside the Box, Knitting Outside the Box: Drape and Fold, and our Knitting Outside the Box bundle are discounted on our website until Sunday – woohoo! At a time when we’re physically distant from many of our loved ones, community is more important than ever. We hope that this KAL’s chatter thread helps you find a sense of camaraderie and togetherness.
Love, Pom Pom xx